To fulfill the curiosity of many who visit our site, AVL Pets has established this Site Change page to list the changes we have implemented to the site. While we do post major changes to our internal blog, most minor changes are not covered in our posts. We wanted to make our site progression and changes very transparent to our visitors with the posting and continuous updating of this page.
- 8/29 – Site launches in Beta as MVP (Minimal Viable Product) with all essential functionality (e.g. membership and directory services)
- 9/1 – Photo Gallery is added.
- 9/3 – Classifieds page is added.
- 9/10 – Amazon Store is created to include only pet related products sold through Amazon.
- 9/12 – Amazon Store is added to site, and AVL Pets registers as affiliate to external merchandising programs.
- 9/15 – Promotion is created and added to site for businesses and consumers.
- 9/19 – Fundraiser is launched through 10/11 via single-design T-Shirts.
- 9/21 – Add to homepage link on mobile implemented.
- 9/23 – AVL Pets Classifieds Facebook Page is created and added to Classifieds page via latest posts scripts.
- 9/24 – Pet food brands/manufacturers page has been added and content is slowly being imported.
- 9/25 – New “Repurpose With A Purpose” fundraiser added to donate 15% proceeds to local pet charities and shelters.
- 9/26 – Short cut link from home page to the new Lost & Found category in our Classifieds was added.
- 9/28 – Improved layout of home page to improved user experience: removed sticky header to avoid hidden buttons, updated our website slogan, updated newsletter registration function and included new floating newsletter registration with integrations to 3rd party email listing and newsletter delivery services. Added new features for directory listings for businesses to include social media bridge to their Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and other sites.
- 10/2 – Our list of pet food brands and manufacturers has been updated and complete with 145+ listings.
- 10/4 – Front page navigation buttons were updated to improve user experience.
- 7/1 – Site officially launched.
- 7/12 – Front page updated for streamlined appearance.
- 7/13 – Pet Food Brands page updated with accordion style view.
- 7/13 – Slide show addition to home page.
- 7/22 – Aggregation of pet related jobs from Indeed posted on the site.
- 7/26 – An internal job board was added for local employers to post open positions.